Thursday, November 27, 2008

Memories- Estonia - Project Meeting


Everything started on a fine autumn day when my parents saw me off to the Mineralogy Museum from where we set out to Budapest. It was a new experience which made my heart throb.
Together with my teachers, Mariana Hudrea and Laura Szebeni, we started our journey towards the unknown: Estonia.
The journey to Budapest seemed to be very short because I could only think of my first flight.
I learned very quickly, what you should do once you want to board a plane.
Then we boarded on a plane belonging to the Czech Airlines. It was an elegant, big plane which fascinated me over since I set foot on it. And then I started to feel excited, the plane was talking off. We were flying over Budapest at night; we could see the multicoloured lights of the city.
After an hour’s flight we got to Prague where we had to wait for the plane to Tallinn. The airport in Prague was huge with many terminals, luxury stores looking like any airport of an important capital city. Then we took the next plane to our final destination.
After two hours flight we landed in Tallinn. I was excited because I was looking forward to seeing my friend Anar. He was waiting for me together his father and his teacher Paivi, who coordinated the project in Estonia.
An hour later I’ve got to the village of Kaiu where Anar and his family lived. I met his mother who welcomed me with much joy and hospitality. Because it was very late and it was very tired, I went to bed. The next day we were to start working with our project partners.
We woke up at 9 o’clock and we went to the local school. It was a beautiful school with modern sports facilities. We were invited to a school festival where they presented traditional dancing and songs representative for their culture. After the festival they showed us their school and in the afternoon we took part in the project reunion. There we met the Turkish team who were friendly and nice, the same as the Estonian people. Our teacher of English, Mrs. Mariana Hudrea, led the meeting. The topic of the project was interesting because every one could talk about school and family. In the evening all danced and celebrated together with the school students. We had a lot of fun and I made a lot of friends.
In the morning we took part in two school activities. We were invited to two classes: Maths and English. The English class was very attractive. Every student in the project talked about the school system in their country and we also discussed about school in general.
We had lunch at school canteen where we ate fish which was very well cooked followed by good yoghurt. Than we visited the Village Hall where we received souvenirs from the Mayor and we saw a film about the activities in the village. We went back to school where a press conference was organised. The Romanian teachers were outstanding.
After the press conference was over we visited a small museum in a village neighbouring Kaiu, where they presented us traditional tools used in different historical periods. In the evening we played football on the school with all boys in project.
The next day we visited Tallinn the capital of Estonia. It is a very big city with an important historical centre with many churches and historical monuments. After long tour of the city we ate an elegant restaurant in the city centre.
In the morning we started on our way home.
I returned home very happy as a wing to this project trip proved to be a real life experience. I made new friends and I had the opportunity to get to know something about the culture of this civilised and friendly people.
Trough this I am expressing my gratitude the towards the teachers who offered me this chance!
O am looking forward to meeting my Estonian friends in Romania, in May 2009.

Baia Mare November 2nd 2008
Dan Tecar XC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home