Sunday, March 9, 2008

Project Impact

Tache Andrada
The project is about a top problem: the relationship between children and their parents.
Many parents don’t think it is necessary to come to school or find out about their children's problems. They are much too busy or they simply do not know how to react to their children’s problems.
This lack of communication might be a source of so many criminal acts in society, committed by young people.
This project helped me realize that it is difficult to be a parent, a good one. But it isn't impossible.
Fat Ionela
I am very proud I am at Mihai Eminescu College.
I learnt here how to express my personal points of view and now I am capable to speak in front of the people.
From the project I have learnt that we are equal with the children from other countries, we have the same capacity to learn and do things . We are not different from the others… Maybe we are more motivated to change the system in which we live now.
As to the TV talk show, I was impressed by my classmates. I admired that they are capable of speaking in front of a camera without being nervous . They had self control and they were really self-confident.
Popan Catalin
During the interview taken to my colleagues I had to admit that I was very impressed by the way they spoke. Their message was direct, simple and it illustrated the main ideas of the project
I think that this interview was essential for the success of the project. After having listened to my colleagues I have got to say that my mentality has changed. I think that involving our parents in our school education could definitely improve our school results. This would also help improve the parents-children relationship.
Pop Andrada
In my opinion this project is one of the most important projects of our school. The idea of bringing parents to school , getting them more involved in our education, means a lot to us. First of all we need affection and attention from our parents who work a lot for a better life for us. But this work steals the attention we wish and deserve.
Even if we know that our parents love us, we want them to show this to us in every single moment.
I watched the programme with my mother. She was impressed by it.
While watching the talk show I realized I am a teenager and I really need my parents to support me for developing myself. From now on I will do my best to spend more time with my parents.
Muscan Ioana Roxana
This project changed my mentality!
I watched the talk show with my parents and we were really impressed . We discussed about the project , and we realized we have the same points of view. The parents are responsible for their children's education and life. My parents said that it was a huge impact upon them when they became parents in 1990, in a free country, where nobody knew what was going to happen.
Before the project I had not passed so much time with my parents, especially with my father. Now, we play computer games together, watch movies, and we talk a lot about different things.
I have also learnt that even if we are of different nationalities, we have the same problems, points of view and we really want to solve these problems.
Todoran Roxana
To be honest, when I found out about this project I thought it was going to be a project without a direct impact upon us. But that was a mistake. Now my initial opinion totally changed.
I have a very close relationship with my parents, especially with my mother.
One day, after arriving from school I told them about the project. My mother's first reaction was: "Really? Do you do that in school?" She told me that when they were young nobody put this problem into discussion.
I am a lucky person. My parents do come to school quite often. And I appreciate that very much.
Dod Adriana
I think that this project is very useful because both parents and children are being involved.
I am so glad that there are still people who care about these things. This is a proof that teachers care about the relationship between pupils and parents, even if some of the parents don't.
To conclude, our teachers deserve our respect for what they do for us.
Filip Cristina
This project helps the pupils to feel closer to their parents.
It tries to make parents better understand the children's behaviour and try to spend more time together.
Were there a closer relationship between parents and children, there would not be so much violence, bad marks and bad behaviour in society.
Due to this project I have discovered there are parents who do not care about their children; who do not have time to spend together.
Sincerely, I don't think that if parents love their children they cannot find a little time to be together.
Ciceu Anca
Due to this project I have realized how to become better parents and how to raise our children in a way so as to have a closer family relationship.
My parents and my grandmother, for example, were raised and educated differently. Because they grew up in a society in which they could hardly express their ideas or feelings. I think it was a wrong society.
I think I will be able to educate my children in a good way.
Motica Ioana
At the beginning I was not too much interested in the project. But after the interview I started to feel very motivated.
I am very proud of me and of my colleagues . I have the feeling we have the power to change the mentality of the others. I am sure the parents who watched the show will try to find more time to spend with their children.
I have the feeling now that both our teachers and parents feel proud of our mature way of thinking.
Now I feel much closer to my parents and this gives me the self confidence which I needed.
I am glad that through this project we were allowed to express our feelings regarding the problems we are being faced with in our society.
Auer Andreea
Since this is my first experience regarding one of our school projects, I would like to begin by saying that it really surprised me.
Before involving in it I did not know much about the impact of our families on our school life. Now I realize that this relationship school-family-society is so important.
In order to become respected citizens it is important that these three factors live in perfect harmony and cooperate. The way families involve in the children's school life ha a great impact upon us. Many children do not benefit of their parents' attention and respect. And this can be seen from their behaviour at school.
Teachers can, and some of them really try to help . But the help coming from both sides can help little children become responsible adults.
Now I am fully aware of the importance of family involvement in children's life.
This project might also help me in the future, to become a good parent.
Cimpean Mioara Stefana
For some of us the word "project" means an activity just for their own entertainment. But for us , the students from M. Eminescu College, the projects are opportunities to prove our skills in foreign languages, our good behaviour and also to meet people from other countries, people with different cultures and beliefs , but with same problems.
In my opinion, if our parents try to understand our personal needs ( love, affection, care, etc)and if they try to spend more time with us, this will change their entire life in a good way.
Suta Ana
Surprisingly, this project seems to be one of the most successful projects of our school.
During the Crossing Cultures classes I really realized the impact of this project upon our life, which is quite difficult and stressful. We have many problems as we are crossing a period of many age difficulties.
Teenagers have social problems. They can't find their right place in the society. They can not rely on anyone.
With the help of this project the relationship between students and their parents can become closer. And they can rely on one another.
They can also manage to find common activities in which both children and parents might get involved.
Unfortunately nowadays the number of of teenagers who have communication problems with their parents has dramatically increased.
Most of the parents have problems at their workplace. They come home angry , in a bad mood and stressed. Thus they do not show any interest in their children's problems. This affects firstly the teenagers with a negative effect upon their school life and their life in general.
Ghita Dora
This project changed me!
Due to the activities that took place in our school , due to the discussions in which I participated, and thanks to the wise guidance of our teacher, I have changed my perspective upon the relationship between school and family.
I have chosen to participate in this project because I am one of the unfortunate kids , meaning that the main key in a healthy parent-child relationship is missing.
The fact that I had the chance to express my points of view, and with the help from my teachers, I realized what I had done wrong all this time and also why my parents don't get involved in what I do.
From my point of view , we are lucky to have had this chance.
Meditating upon everything I realized what an impact upon me this project had.
My parents do not understand why I spend less time writing and more time reading, or why in some days, I have a small volume of things I have to learn , and for them some of my actions mean I am not interested in school, which of course is not true.
When I asked my mother why she did not come to school, she said it was no use, because all that my form teacher would say would be: "She doesn't cause any problems. There is nothing to worry about!"
In my opinion this is something that needs to change. The involvement of family in school life is crucial.
Crisan Alexandra
I feel privileged for taking part in this project. I stopped feeling alone and, by saying that, I refer to the fact that other kids think like me, we have the same ideas.
What struck me most is the fact that some adults, who also lived in the same period in the past, managed to change themselves ( to update their points of view).
This is a very serious matter because there are many people who do not want to change themselves.
We have to do something about that.
Pop Rebeca
What do I like about this project?
Firstly, the fact that my classmates and other people had the opportunity to freely express their feelings and ideas.
Secondly, the project appears to be a very successful one motivating both parents and students to get involved.
Rusu Diana
It's funny what they say about concerns...that they value family more than anything. I feel like an exception. Maybe it is because I am too young to understand the importance of this matter. It is possible that after I have my own kids and a husband I will change my way of thinking and feelings towards everything that has to do with a true family.
I have to confess that unconditioned attention from my mother or father leaves me cold.
With time they got the point and my desire to be left alone most of the time.
I do believe that children with divorced parents long for affection.
I am sincere with them regarding school. I have no need for them to come and check me out, or talk about me with my teachers, as most of the teachers barely know my name, and let's say if my parents do come to school they will discover my grades. And so what? They will punish me. They will forbid me several things, they will change a lot of stuff regarding my life , change..., change...But I won't change. Not because I feel this childish desire of being stubborn, or not accept my parents ruling my life.. No, nothing of this kind. Anyway this is not for me.
Of course family is important, a stable home and everything...
Cureu Victorita
In my personal point of view this project has a positive impact upon us and it educates us in many aspects.
By involving people from other countries, we really feel better to know we aren't the only ones who have problems. Children from other countries face the same problems as we do.
Before this project I didn't put such an accent on the relationship between me and my family.
But then I started thinking about my problems with my parents and I started asking myself why I didn't spend more time with them. Searching for a solution I started talking with them and I told them that I need to spend much more time in their company. Now I feel very close to my mother who is my best friend. And after this project started the relationship between me and her is getting better and better.
My mother is very pleased that the school develops such a project. She is determined to come to school more often so that she finds out about my school situation.
Another thing that I've understood , thanks to this project, is the way I have to educate my future kids.
I am very glad to have teachers that care about us and it is wonderful that they manage to make us understand the problems we are being faced with.
Sas Alexandra
This project is very important...
It is trying to change the fact that parents do not get involved or they do not know how to get involved in their children's school life.
The exchange with foreign students made me realize that this is not only our problem.
I think parents should realize that they are the only ones we can count on, and that we need them. They should find time for us, get involved, interact, because I believe that in a parent's life the most important thing is his child.
Vanci Alexandra
I am really pleased with the relationship I have with my parents, with their concept upon school and the way they relate to community.
But I know that this is an exception. I know that unfortunately , being pleased means being indifferent , choosing an easy way out of evolution, aborting yourself and what we could mean , what you could be and know.
So I decided to do something... To be more specific, I wanted to know why my relationship with school and family is so good, so that this could be maintained and never reversed.
This project made me feel more rational and secure. Now I know some things for sure.
I the end I think that the main purpose has been reached. Shy students gained self-confidence; their parents got the occasion to talk it over.
If this is not enough, I'll go on. This project brought trust, security, and unity.
Ienutas Adriana
I must confess this talk show captured my attention from the beginning because the theme seemed very interesting. Not only the theme, but also the way it was presented. Because there were discussed things I had not thought about before, things that I hadn't taken into account till then.
What I appreciated very much was the ability of my classmates to express their feelings on the spot. They were calm and very spontaneous.
Petreus Andra
...Before the project I thought I had a good relationship with my parents. But now I realize that my parents do not know a lot of things about me, about my teachers and about what happens in school.
I also think that this is my fault, because I did not tell them that I needed them to take part in my life.
I need them to tell me what to do, to advise me, to help, to love me, not only to give me money or something else.
Now, after telling them about this project they started to change their attitude. This project opened their eyes.
Butuza Mara
This project is the first activity of this kind and I am very proud I decided to participate in the debate because I had the chance to express my personal point of view related to the theme of the project.
I am disappointed when I see children, teenagers committing crimes, killing their parents and friends. It is horrible to see a child fighting with a classmate until he kills him! What parents do those children have?
I think that the problems start from family life with a direct effect upon our social life, school life.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home